Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Tiddly Tuesday - Eat Cake Wryn and holiday special for clear stamps!


 Hi all! Happy Tuesday!

I know I haven't been posting many new images lately (see what I have been doing below), but I have one today and a new Christmas one on the way later this week. :)


[I know it is about to be Thanksgiving and Christmas, but who doesn't love a good just because I love you or a birthday Wryn??? I do!! Hehe]



Instead of drawing Wryns (I know, I know), I recently signed up for an online journaling class sponsored by one of my favorite authors, Brene Brown, and Oprah----you can find the link HERE.

I have fallen a bit behind in the class as I am swamped with teaching and with some family stuff (nothing bad, in fact, it is good stuff...yay!), but I love how the class is presented as readings in Brene's book, The Gifts of Imperfection, and art journaling. They also provide really cool art each week...this was last's week intention and one of the art pieces.
http://static.oprah.com/css/own/images//brenebrownlifeclass/ecourse/Lesson2/bb-download-1.jpg

I wanted to share a few pages since I love the ideas shared so far. These pages are done in watercolors and inks---and you can't tear any pages out, so you get the first draft of each page. I would have chosen a thicker paper if I had known I would want to paint them...hehe

First reading is about giving yourself permission to do....whatever you need to do. These are the things I felt strongly about when I started. 

Second page was picking the very few people who deserve to hear your courageous story....their names go in the pocket. 

Each week offers a guidepost and weekly intention...this was one of the first intentions....don't you love that idea? ...to carry courage, compassion, and connection...even when the road gets bumpy. 

 just for fun...



Oh, and before I forget....I added some new options for purchasing clear stamps before it is too late to ship for Christmas. These options will be coming down before Thanksgiving, so you have about a week as long as stocks hold out. These listings are only available for US customers as there is free shipping involved....sorry to my international friends.

Have fun picking out some Christmas presents.

Check out either option HERE or HERE.  




6 comments:

JanR said...

Fabulous pages! I especially love that last one. The cas design is wonderful and the message is inspiring!

I adore the new stamp too! Super sweet!

wlbillings said...

I love Wryn!!!!! All Wryn... She is my favorite!! can you tell I like Wyrn LOL. Thanks Christy!

Angela Boutiller said...

OMG! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE Eat more Cake! Yay! Now, it is a happy Tuesday for sure!!!!

Loopylou. said...

oh wow! your journalling looks amazing hunny, love them all, especially the hanging pendant one
huge hugs Lou xxx

Wiola said...

ADORABLE! She makes me want to eat more cake. Lol.

Rhea Weigand said...

This is amazing Christy! I have to have this set. Seriously awesome!